Your Trusted Cosmetic Dentist in Fullerton
Your smile has an invaluable effect on your overall self-esteem and well-being. Research has found that smiling releases chemicals in the brain, known as happiness hormones. These chemicals reduce your stress by relaxing your body and lowering your heart rate and blood pressure.
At Alpha Dental Care, we are passionate about crafting life-changing smiles. Our cosmetic dentistry techniques do not only aim at restoring your smile appeal but also help support your oral health.
Whether you are looking to fix a cracked tooth, need to replace a missing tooth, or just need to whiten your teeth, our specialists will not rest until you have achieved your smile goals. Get in touch with us today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (714) 725-7425 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Which Cosmetic Option Is Right For Me
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth, Dr. Ley will listen carefully to your concerns. Afterward, he will perform a thorough exam of your teeth and gums. Before we undertake any procedure, we will ensure that your teeth and gums are in optimal condition for your results to last.
Taking your smile goals into account, we create a treatment plan that is unique to your needs. Some of the top-quality cosmetic services we offer include:
- Invisalign® - We help straighten your teeth if you have mild to moderate misalignment issues.
- Teeth Whitening - We perform bleaching to brighten stained or discolored teeth. We offer in-office whitening.
- Composite Fillings - If you have damaged or decayed teeth, we restore your teeth and make them look aesthetically pleasing.
- Veneers - These porcelain shells enhance the shape, size, or color of your teeth.
- Crown Lengthening with Laser - This procedure addresses uneven smiles that show more gums than teeth. Crown lengthening removes excess gum tissue and exposes more tooth surface.
- Dental Contouring - This treatment involves modifying enamel to alter the length or shape of your tooth for an improved smile.
Invisalign® Clear Braces in Fullerton
The Invisalign system is an innovative alternative to traditional braces. Conventional braces consist of brackets connected by wires, which help move your teeth into alignment. Aligners, on the other hand, are custom-made appliances that slip over your teeth. Invisalign is one of the most popular brands for clear aligners.
These clear aligners fit snugly over your smile. They are useful for mild to moderately crowded teeth and mainly used for minor alignment and spacing issues. Patients with severe misalignment require more advanced orthodontic treatment.
Why Choose Invisalign
- Low Chance of Tooth Decay or Gum Disease - These braces are removable, allowing you to follow proper oral hygiene by brushing and flossing thoroughly.
- Discreet - These trays are made of clear plastic, making them invisible. Enjoy your daily life while they straighten your teeth without anyone noticing.
- A Quick Process - Invisalign treatment is non-invasive and provides fast results when compared to metal braces. It usually takes between twelve and eighteen months.
- Convenient - They have no sharp edges, so your gums won’t be damaged or scratched.
In-Office Whitening with Opalescence® Boost
This teeth-whitening procedure will remove layers of stain build-up, revealing a lighter shade of your teeth. During in-office whitening, Dr. Ley applies a few applications and monitors your progress to ensure you get the required results. We use a unique syringe technique for every application to ensure each dose is fresh and effective.
This procedure is speedy, and depending on your goal, it can take typically an hour in the dental chair. The natural color of your teeth may also affect your final whitening results.
Why Do My Teeth Get Stained?
Before we talk about whitening your teeth, it is worth understanding some of the common things that cause staining of your teeth. These include:
- Food or Drinks: Wines, colas, tea, coffee, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables.
- Tobacco: Chewing tobacco or smoking cigarettes can stain your teeth.
- Environment: A high amount of fluoride from water or mouth rinses and toothpaste can lead to teeth discoloration.
- Genetics: You may be born with a naturally brighter or darker enamel.
- Age: As you age, your enamel wears out, revealing the natural color of dentin, which is yellow.
- Dental Materials: Amalgam restorations contain materials that cast a dark color on your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers for A Dazzling Smile Makeover
Veneers are thin shells made of tooth-colored materials that are bonded to your tooth to improve its appearance. At Alpha Dental Care, we offer both composite and porcelain veneers to meet your preference, budget, and needs.
What Dental Issues Do Veneers Fix?
Veneers are effective cosmetic treatments that help in fixing the following dental problems:
- Discolored Teeth
- Worn-Out Teeth
- Broken or Chipped Teeth
- Misaligned or Irregular-Shaped Teeth
- Gaps Between Teeth
Who Is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you have chipped or stained teeth, you may be the right candidate for veneers. Veneers are very popular for smile makeovers and can cover up discoloration and enhance teeth shape and size. However, if you have severe tooth decay or grinding, veneers may not work well for you.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers can last for decades. The duration depends on how well you care for your teeth. We advise you to brush and floss twice a day and have professional cleanings at least twice a year. Wearing a mouthguard and avoiding hard foods are also precautions for preserving veneers in your smile.
Porcelain Vs. Composite Veneers
Both porcelain and composite veneers look natural and are hard to distinguish from your natural teeth.
Porcelain is a durable material and can last for decades with proper care. These veneers are strong and stain-resistant. The procedure for getting porcelain veneers can take two to three visits since they are manufactured in a lab.
Composite veneers take less time as they are prepared and installed in a single visit. Composite veneers have a shorter lifespan when compared to porcelain but are more affordable.
Porcelain Crowns That Rejuvenate Your Smile
A dental crown is a tooth-colored restoration that covers the entire tooth to protect it from further damage and restore its shape. We make each crown to fit your tooth down to your gum line.
Main Reasons I May Need a Crown?
A dental crown restores a severely decayed or damaged tooth. If you have a large filling, a crown is an alternative long-term solution as it covers the damaged tooth. Some of the main reasons we offer crowns include:
- To fix a cracked or broken tooth
- To support a large filling
- To replace a missing tooth after an implant has been placed
- To restore your tooth after a root canal procedure
- To support a dental bridge
- To enhance your smile
Crowns Vs. Veneers
The main difference between crowns and veneers is the surface of the tooth that is covered. A crown covers the whole tooth, whereas a veneer covers just the front side.
A crown encases the entire tooth such that it becomes its new outer surface. It is used to strengthen the structure of your tooth and improve aesthetics. If your tooth has a large cavity, had a root canal treatment, or is very worn or cracked, a crown is likely your best option.
Veneers bond to the front part of your tooth. If your tooth is basically intact and the restoration is for cosmetic purposes, a veneer may be the best option. Veneers are also used for minor shape corrections.
Promoting Your Oral Health Through the Use of Dental Implants
Dental implants are metal posts surgically inserted into the jawbone to replace tooth roots. When they are in place, they provide stability to replacement teeth.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Your jawbone strength and healthy gums are the two most important factors to determine if you qualify for dental implants. During your consultation, our team will examine your mouth using digital x-rays to ensure you have good bone density to support dental implants.
If we discover any gum disease, we will treat it first before we proceed with the dental implant procedure. Also, if you do not have enough bone density, we will perform bone grafting before the implant procedure.
We also encourage our patients who are smokers to reduce or stop smoking altogether because tobacco and the byproducts of cigarettes can negatively affect the implant procedure.
What are the Benefits of Implants?
Implants are the gold standard for tooth replacement. Their benefits include:
- Maintain Your Youthful Look - Implants reduce bone loss, helping you sustain your youthful facial structure.
- Enjoy A Permanent Solution - Implants become your permanent teeth; they are very durable and can last for decades. Treat your implanted teeth, exactly like your natural teeth.
- Improved Your Ability to Eat and Chew - They are fixed into place and won't slip or move, allowing you to chew properly and speak with clarity.
Crafting Smiles for Our Fullerton Community and all off Orange County
At Alpha Dental Care, we make it our primary goal to improve your smile with our cosmetic dentistry options. It does not matter whether you have misaligned, discolored, or missing teeth; you can count on us to give you the smile of your dreams.
If you are confused about what option is best for you or do not know where to start, give us a call today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (714) 725-7425 REQUEST APPOINTMENT